As the most magical time of year quickly approaches, we’re preparing for one of the most beloved Christmas events in Houston: the annual holiday celebration at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck.
With three decades of Christmas shows under our belts, The Duck has become a holiday tradition for generations of Houstonians. It’s a weekend that we and our guests look forward to all year long, full of great music, delicious food, and fabulous company. And this year, we’re planning to celebrate with our most festive event yet.
Christmas at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck: A Houston Holiday Event
Since the early 1990s, we’ve made it a tradition to honor the holiday season with a good, old-fashioned singalong. The Duck provides the music, our kitchen serves up classic British-inspired comfort foods, and patrons show up with their singing voices ready for a show.
You don’t have to be a skilled singer – in fact, you don’t even need to be able to carry a tune! Here, enthusiasm is all that matters at our holiday singalong event, so be prepared to belt out your favorite Christmas songs and just have fun with it.
In keeping with our tradition, McGonigel’s Mucky Duck will host an afternoon Kids’ Show in addition to our evening shows. Bring the entire family for the Kids’ Show, then round up your friends (or plan a holiday date night) for one of the evening events. Since you can purchase tickets for a table, it’s easy to turn it into a special occasion.
A Holiday Dining Experience
Of course, our holiday celebration is about more than just music; we’ll also be celebrating comfort food favorites from across the pond. Inspired by the hearty, soul-warming dishes that English pubs are known for, the menu at The Duck will satisfy all your winter-time cravings.
While you sing along to holiday tunes, cozy up with one of our signature family recipes, including:
- The Welsh Rarebit, a traditional English cheddar and ale pie topped with bacon and sauteed mushrooms
- Our Scotch Egg was voted Houston’s Ultimate Scotch Eggs in a Houston Chronicle poll
- The Smoked Salmon is imported directly from Scotland and served with the traditional sides of cream cheese, capers, lemon, and mini bagels
- The Baked Brie, which features warmed French brie alongside sliced apples, French raspberry jam, and freshly-roasted almonds
- Our famous Fish and Chips, made with beer-battered cod and served with crispy fries and hand-cut slaw
- The Wee Three, a trio of mini pies that let you sample a bit of everything (our Shepherd’s Pie, Chicken Pot Pie, and Steak and Mushroom Pie)
- The Pepper-Crusted Filet, a Texas-raised and grass-fed Akaushi Beef filet (6-ounces), complete with hand-whipped potatoes garnished with capers and red onions
Don’t forget to save room for dessert – after all, Christmas is the unofficial season of sweet treats!
Get Tickets for One of the Happiest Holiday Events Houston Has to Offer
This year, make plans to celebrate Christmas in Houston, McGonigel’s Mucky Duck style. Purchase event tickets online or at the door – and come ready to sing, dance, and enjoy a fantastically festive holiday event.
For more information about the upcoming Christmas event at The Duck, contact us today.
Phone: (713) 528-5999